Effective Date: January 12, 2018
- What information we collect
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including the following:
- From the establishments that list bathrooms on our Service: full name and email address (and optionally phone number); a copy of ID; proof of property ownership (such as address verification document); IP address when using the App; basic listing information about properties and bathroom facilities (such as name, address, size, facilities etc.).
- From bathroom users: social account information (such as Facebook or Google) or email address or phone number; and user’s geolocation and IP address when using the App.
- How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the services you requested.
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- To periodically send promotional emails, but you can opt out.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Disclosure of your information
We do not sell any of your personal information to 3rd parties. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Service’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- We may, without restriction, disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Service, our customers or others.
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help our Service, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. For example, cookies can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyze how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
- To provide the service you have asked for. Some cookies are essential so you can navigate through the website and use its features. Without these cookies, we would not be able to provide the services you’ve requested. For example, some cookies allow us to identify subscribers and ensure they can access the subscription only pages. If a subscriber opts to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content that a subscription entitles them to. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Essential cookies keep you logged in during your visit.
- To improve your browsing experience. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make, such as your language or region and they provide improved features. These cookies will help remembering your preferences and settings, including marketing preferences, remembering if you’ve filled in certain forms, so you’re not asked to do it again, remembering if you’ve been to the Service before and restricting the number of times you’re shown a particular advertisement. We might also use these cookies to highlight Service services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
- Analytics. To improve your experience on our Service, we like to keep track of what pages and links are popular and which ones don’t get used so much to help us keep our Service relevant and up to date. It’s also very useful to be able to identify trends of how people navigate (find their way through) our Service and if they get error messages from web pages. This group of cookies, often called “analytics cookies” are used to gather this information. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. The information collected is anonymous and is grouped with the information from everyone else’s cookies. We can then see the overall patterns of usage rather than any one person’s activity.
- To show advertising that is relevant to your interests. We may sell space on our Service to advertisers. The resulting ads often contain cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the Service and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
- Data security
Personal information you provide to us is stored on a password protected server accessible only by administrators. We use SSL. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service because any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials, if any, confidential.
- Children’s privacy
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database.
If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to us, he or she can contact us via e-mail. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13. Please note that it is possible some of this information may remain archived in web logs and back-up archives after we delete the information from our active database.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information